Thursday, August 14, 2008

Teaser - I was informed that it could probably be a very good day for "news on foster care". Yay!

Update - I tracked down the "cottage number" and was able to talk to nephew last night. He still seemed rather drugged down and depressed. But, he got to ask after everyone, and even asked for news of our dog (fine and fat, and has a girlfriend - 8 mo old "Sophie"). So, progress is good.

As I was typing this, Tim E returned my call. I think that he intended to be officious and "We cannot speak to you without a release." But, we talked for quite awhile about program specifics and got into mentoring programs. I even had the nerve to I suggested that they bring in the geek friendly entertainment to help kids with social skills, math skills and the like. YES, DBGR now know the words LARP, Cos-play, Magic and card based games. Whoo HOO!

It sounds like DBGR is trying to move from the residential model of medical treatment into the community based, family guidance model. And, they have some help from the Red River Asperger's community group. So, there's hope, maybe.

Thanks, Tim E!

No comments: