Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First - Received a phone call this morning from Marlene Sorum's boss, Beth. She tried to tell me that everything was fine, but I trotted out the "lost release of information" and the "two visits in 20 months" and the "No Communication Assistant Technology." So, she brought out the good lipstick and asked me to put the issues in writing.

My brief overview ran to 5 pages, and yes, I will post them here after I make sure that the rules are followed, and I haven't missed any major issues.

Secondly, for "Are Human Services actually meeting Child's Needs?" and real stories of Human Services, I looked for candidate platforms and statements about how North Dakota's Human Services are working, and I didn't find Squanto. I'll keep looking.

I did find one of the people I'm recommended to talk to. Glory Kramlich was defeated in a bid for state legislature. I don't understand why - the other guy must have shown a superman cape - because she really knows her stuff! The state of North Dakota has a surplus, so she's interested in fixing roads, restoring student funding back to 65%, and extending a program that looks like Companions for Children or Big Brother/Big Sister to help kids have more support to be successful. We talked for far too long about the different things that do work to help children, and places to go for good services, like the Ann Carlson Center in Jamestown. (Web at http://www.annecenter.org/ ) I hope that she stays active in making positive change!

Hopefully, I'll have the letter edited and polished to post tomorrow, and I'll continue to speak with the leaders to see what is proposed and what is being addressed to help all of the children of North Dakota.

Details of Ear Aerobics, Auditory Integration Training, Dr Bernard Rimland, Dr Stanley (?) Greenstrand or any of the proven or disproven methods are still over at http://www.wierdkids.com/ The "Autism" tab has information on IEP, Books, Support groups and services, protocols and eventually it might become organized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.