Friday, March 12, 2004

Well, I'd better get back to the original reason for this blog. I'm typing as I listen to George Carlin on Bill Maher. Bill'd better figure out to shut UP and let George talk.

OHH - excellent quote, "If you've never encountered anything that offends you, then you're not living in a free society." Strangely, it came from the first female Prime Minister of Canada - and not George or Bill. The other guy's pretty good too. I think I'm going to have to read his book - without looking it up, it's about "What's happened to our language and music and why we should, like, care?"

original intent, my duh! I volunteered for a long road trip, so that I would be busy today. No, no knitting or crochet. But, I did get 2 orders for sweaters from a friend. It seems that she got a Lopi sweater ages ago, and they both wore it for a coat for ages! So, besides the 1 1/2 that I have to finish for Nikki and Leo - I have 2 more kids to knit for! YAY!

Personal growth? I hate to imagine what hours on the road and buying Crispy Creme did to my behind. How's that for Growth? No, really, I did to quite a bit of thinking about what someone suggested. That some people are just emotionally handicapped. Just like you can't expect a blind person to see something, there's just some people that can't meet anyone's needs - and expecting them too is just an exercise in frustration. So, what a person needs - they have to give to themselves. You can't get it from food, you can't get it from anywhere else but from yourself.

No comments: